Syaffolee
BLOG

ARCHIVES

SCIENCE

LINKS

BOOKROLLING

ABOUT

CONTACT





Saturday, January 02, 2010


Really Cold

Today was clear and cold. Not good weather for walking about unless you want to turn into an icicle.

After checking out, my sister and I left our luggage in care of the hotel while we wandered about Toronto some more before we leave in the evening. We went to Chinatown and had dim sum at Dim Sum Banquet which was a lot more traditional in layout compared to the place we went to in Montreal. Here, the ladies carting around the food screamed out their wares like fishwives--which I found hilarious.

Then we wandered around the University of Toronto and took some pictures (primarily for our father's benefit) before riding a bit on the subway to make use of our day pass. For dinner, we went to Queen Mother's Cafe, which unlike the restaurant we went to on New Year's Eve, truly serves Asian fusion. I had the Pad Thai which was quite good.

At the moment, I'm waiting at VIA Rail Canada's lounge for people taking the sleeper cars. In some ways, I'm excited about taking this transcontinental trip, but then again, I'm not so sure about the other passengers. They're all of a certain type, if you know what I mean. Retirees with money to spend. I'm doing this on a semi-impulsive lark so we'll see how this goes.


[posted by S. Y. Affolee on 5:59 PM : ]



Comments: Post a Comment






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

feeds: atom | rss

follow me on Twitter






Copyright © 2000-2009, S. Y. Affolee