Syaffolee
BLOG

ARCHIVES

SCIENCE

LINKS

BOOKROLLING

ABOUT

CONTACT





Wednesday, December 30, 2009


Climbing, Sort of

After having brunch at Au Pain Doré, my sister and I headed off to Mount Royal Park. First we passed by Victoria Hospital (where my sister was born) and General Hospital (where I was born). Victoria Hospital had, well, a Victorian sensibility in its architecture which I found interesting. General Hospital was more modern and appeared to be under construction for a new wing. Unfortunately, the hiking trails were closed due to snow so we took a circuitous route via Côte-des-Neiges. At the park, we walked around and went inner tubing.

On our way to visiting the pièce de résistance, L'Oratoire Saint-Joseph du Mont-Royal, we passed by firetrucks in front of a smoking residence. But aside from that, the visit to the cathedral was intriguing.

And after all the hiking, we went to La Banquise which specializes in poutine. We got a classic one and one topped with chicken and peas. All I can say is: if you get a regular size (the smallest size), you can share it with two people. And it was a good thing we were hiking all day and were hungry because otherwise it would have been way too much.

Oh, and my sister dragged me to more stores to look at boots. Still no perfect boot.

From 20091230_Montreal


From 20091230_Montreal


From 20091230_Montreal


From 20091230_Montreal


[posted by S. Y. Affolee on 5:41 PM : ]



Comments: Post a Comment






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

feeds: atom | rss

follow me on Twitter






Copyright © 2000-2009, S. Y. Affolee